hello! just thought I would throw a little update post together really fast and inform you of the latest on our little family!
just over 7 more weeks (6 before we can induce) until we will be a family of 5! everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy and we hope it continues to be that way. I have been having A TON of Braxton hicks and they are starting to get just a little painful at times. its a little unsettling because I don't remember experiencing anything like this with mason or sophie. it also seems like I am carrying this baby lower and more out....the husbands at church gave me a hard time one week and asked me if I had a basketball under my dress because that's exactly what it looks like :) this little girl ALWAYS has the hiccups! at least several times a day...no joking! although I feel her throughout most of the day (especially those dang hiccups!), she is most active early in the morning and before I go to bed at night. I (along with half the people I talk to) are super anxious to see what she looks like. mason looks like Curtis, sophie looks like me, so who will this baby take after?! I can't wait to see!
my good friend and I are co-teaching preschool this year with just our kids and the boys are excited to go to kindergarten next year! her two boys and mason will go to the same school and be able to ride the bus together which I am very happy about! they have full day kindergarten here which I think is a little much for 5 year olds but i'm sure mason will love it! he is so smart and loves learning. I never hear him complain about doing his homework and he is constantly writing letters and notes. he spends almost every afternoon with his friends and the best part is when I tell him to come home at 5, he shows up right on time :)
sophie is my pretty girl. she is hilarious and has such a funny personality. we are putting the final touches on potty training just in time to buy more diapers for the baby. she loves mason and they have a great time playing together (when they aren't fighting of course). she loves to play with her friend Camille and cries if mason goes across the street to play without her.
Curtis is working hard as usual. right now he is in the in-between stages of production supervisor and maintenance supervisor. once the production team has found someone to replace him, he will be working exclusively in maintenance. it means a terrible shift time of something like 2 a.m to 10:30 a.m. but it also comes with a raise so maybe I shouldn't complain too much :)
as for me, I hobble around with an achy back and hips and try to get through the day without killing my kids :) I have been working hard trying to get the primary kids ready for their primary program that is in a couple weeks. the original date was the same time baby is due so the awesome presidency moved the program up so I wouldn't have to find a chorister to fill in for me. mason is going to be saying a small part and singing "I am a Child of God" acapella with a small group of kids so I am super proud of him :)
I cannot believe September is over. October is already so packed with things that i'm afraid it too will pass in the blink of an eye. before you know it you will be seeing pictures of a beautiful baby girl! (hopefully I can squeeze in something about Halloween before then!) hope you all are doing well. we miss all our family and friends and think of you often!
No comments:
Post a Comment